Chitika research: Mountain Lion on 1 of every 10 Macs
In news that really should surprise no one, Chitika Insights used web impressions to determine that a little more than a month after its release, OS X Mountain Lion has been installed on one out of every 10 Macs. Most of those installations took place within the first week of release, with an additional spike in downloads within the past week. With the low upgrade price and the ease of installation through the Mac App Store, the fact that a lot of Macs already are running it isn't a shock.
Previous studies by Chitika showed that the adoption of OS X leaped a bit in the month after Lion was released in 2011, and that Mountain Lion downloads accounted for 3% of web traffic in the week after it was released.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options