Corkbin updated, lets you buy wine right from the app
Corkbin is probably my favorite app on the App Store that I don't actually use that much. I've wanted to learn more about wine for a long time. Corkbin, which lets you track and rate the wines you drink, seems like a great way to do that. Unfortunately, whenever I end up at the bar or restaurant, a beer always sounds more appetizing than trying a new wine. But that's my problem, not the app's. Corkbin does a great job of cataloging your wines, and it's about to do even better, with an update that partners with two other sites for cool new features.
First off, Corkbin will now allow you to buy wine. They've hooked up with wine.com to send you from the app straight into a mobile shopping cart. That means if you try a new wine and love it, you can buy some for your home right away. There's also a connection to Sincerely.com, which will send a physical postcard straight from the app, so you can send a note or picture to anyone else who might be interested in what you're drinking.
There are more features coming soon, such as the ability to rate your friends' wines and get push notifications when someone you're following tries a new vintage. Corkbin is a really impressive app for such a specific purpose. Now it's up to me, I guess, to actually try some new tastes next time I'm out and about.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync