iMovie and Java updated
A duo of little updates just showed up on the Updates tab of the Mac App Store. Apple has released an update to iMovie, as well as an update to Java for OS X.
The iMovie update brings the app up to version 9.0.8, and "addresses an issue related to third party QuickTime components that could prevent iMovie from opening." Hopefully that resolves the issue I've had for about the last six months...
The Java update is much more complex. Java for OS X 2012-005 "delivers improved security, reliability, and compatibility by updating Java SE 6 to 1.6.0_35." But wait, there's more! The update also "configures the Java plug-in to deactivate when no applets are run for an extended period of time." More details available at http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5367 and http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app