iMovie and Java updated
A duo of little updates just showed up on the Updates tab of the Mac App Store. Apple has released an update to iMovie, as well as an update to Java for OS X.
The iMovie update brings the app up to version 9.0.8, and "addresses an issue related to third party QuickTime components that could prevent iMovie from opening." Hopefully that resolves the issue I've had for about the last six months...
The Java update is much more complex. Java for OS X 2012-005 "delivers improved security, reliability, and compatibility by updating Java SE 6 to 1.6.0_35." But wait, there's more! The update also "configures the Java plug-in to deactivate when no applets are run for an extended period of time." More details available at http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5367 and http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter