iMovie and Java updated
A duo of little updates just showed up on the Updates tab of the Mac App Store. Apple has released an update to iMovie, as well as an update to Java for OS X.
The iMovie update brings the app up to version 9.0.8, and "addresses an issue related to third party QuickTime components that could prevent iMovie from opening." Hopefully that resolves the issue I've had for about the last six months...
The Java update is much more complex. Java for OS X 2012-005 "delivers improved security, reliability, and compatibility by updating Java SE 6 to 1.6.0_35." But wait, there's more! The update also "configures the Java plug-in to deactivate when no applets are run for an extended period of time." More details available at http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5367 and http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs