New headphones for iPhone, iPod touch: EarPods
Apple has shipped 600 million sets of its iconic white earbuds, but over the past three years it's taken the design back to the drawing board. The result is the EarPod, a significant redesign.
EarPods are differently shaped compared to the old earbuds, which should mean greater comfort for a wide variety of users. They don't create a seal like in-ear headphones, but the shaping and ports are designed for optimal comfort and sound. There's a sound port in the back for mid-tones, another port in the stem, and the main port pointing directly into the ear canal.
EarPods can be bought by themselves, but they will also be shipping standard with the iPhone 5, new iPod touch and new iPod nano.
These new earphones probably won't satisfy demanding audiophiles, but they do look like a significant improvement over the old design. Hopefully they sound just as good as their design implies they should.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client