Macs, iPads, and iPhones by the numbers
Tim Cook is up on stage talking about the latest Mac, iPad and iPhone sales figures. And things are looking good!
- 7 million OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion upgrades sold to date.
- MacBooks now rank as the #1 laptop in the US in the last three months.
- MacBooks account for 27 percent of the laptop market.
- Mac sales have seen 15 percent YOY growth vs 2 percent on the Windows side.
- 17 million iPad sold from April to June (!!!)
- More iPads sold during that time than all other PCs
- iPad has 68 percent market share - up from 62% last year.
- iPad is 91 percent of all tablet web traffic
- Virtually all of the Fortune 500 is testing or deploying iPads
- 700,000 apps now on the App Store
- 250,000 of those are iPad-specific
- Average iOS user using 100 apps
- Apple has now sold 400 million iOS devices
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app