Macs, iPads, and iPhones by the numbers
Tim Cook is up on stage talking about the latest Mac, iPad and iPhone sales figures. And things are looking good!
- 7 million OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion upgrades sold to date.
- MacBooks now rank as the #1 laptop in the US in the last three months.
- MacBooks account for 27 percent of the laptop market.
- Mac sales have seen 15 percent YOY growth vs 2 percent on the Windows side.
- 17 million iPad sold from April to June (!!!)
- More iPads sold during that time than all other PCs
- iPad has 68 percent market share - up from 62% last year.
- iPad is 91 percent of all tablet web traffic
- Virtually all of the Fortune 500 is testing or deploying iPads
- 700,000 apps now on the App Store
- 250,000 of those are iPad-specific
- Average iOS user using 100 apps
- Apple has now sold 400 million iOS devices
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update