Sword of Fargoal 2 and the iControlPad 2 both head to Kickstarter
Two big followup iPhone projects are looking to Kickstarter for funding. First up, the developers of Sword of Fargoal 2 have launched a US$50,000 campaign. The first game in that series was a relatively early hit on iPhone. The sequel has a much larger scope and is expected to hit several platforms, including iOS. Supporters can get copies of the game's soundtrack, extra versions of the title or see their name in the game or a song. I imagine this project will be funded before long.
Meanwhile, the people behind The iControlPad are working on a second version of the popular iOS controller. They've launched a $150,000 Kickstarter campaign, which is a not insignificant goal, but you can get a version of the finished product for as little as $69. More generous backers can pick up better versions of the controller, which is supposed to eventually include not just controls for iOS (and other Bluetooth) devices, but also a full keyboard, and a number of other buttons. It seems like a nice device. While $150k might be a little high, the controller's popularity will probably get it funded.
Both of these projects come from solid backgrounds and sound very cool. We look forward to seeing just how both of these fundraising efforts come out.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free