Element's new Sector case for iPhone 5
I'm a fan of Element Case iPhone cases, made in the USA by trained machinists using premium parts. No, they aren't cheap. Yes, they are amazing. The latest from Element is the Sector, and it will fit the iPhone 5. Not only that, but the case debuts a single-screw connector, whittling down the number of screws needed to remove the case to one. That's a welcome relief for those of us who like to remove their cases once in a while.
Full press release is below, but the Sector 5 will be US$159.99 with suede backing and $149.99 without. Element Case is now taking pre-orders.
The Sector 5's new multi-link perimeter frame design is comprised of 8 individual links to create a modular design that allows endless customization or upgrade possibilities. A single screw removal system allows the multi-link design to "unfold" for quick and easy installation.
The interchangeable back plate on the "First Edition" model will be genuine Ultrasuede with more back plate options to come on later models including carbon fiber, genuine leather and more. The highest quality US machining techniques, aerospace grade materials and unrivaled designs yield Element Case's finest case to date, and once again an entry into the iPhone accessory market unlike any other.
"Sector 5 is the culmination of years of design research and refinement since Element Case was founded in 2007," said Jeff Sasaki, Founder and Lead Designer. "We've crafted something really unique, innovative and completely outside the concept of an iPhone case for the ultimate Apple enthusiast."
Available now for iPhone 4, and with a limited units of Sector 5 FE or "First Edition" to be released only to the Element Case Loyal Customers program, Element Case has asked for new customers to expect a minimum of 6 to 8 weeks for delivery from time of pre-order. Each product requires precision machining, hand finishing and expert assembly for completion in small, made-to-order batches. The Sector 5 FE model will be available only in a special Gunmetal grey Flux finish with a matching ultra-suede back plate. More colors to be made available after FE production.
The Sector 5 is $159.99 with the Ultrasude backing, or $149.99 without.
The Sector's features include:
· Ultra thin "Multi-link" system for fast and easy install
· Modular design for replacement and upgrade parts option
· CNC machined in the US using aerospace grade materials
· Large volume control ports for easy access
· Laser engraved FE "First Edition" insignia
· Large peripheral ports, fully compatible for the 30 Pin or Lightning cables
· Protective Zipper case with transit kit (screen protector and speed wrench)
· Carbon Fiber back plate and Genuine Ultra suede back plate.
About Element Case
Founded in 2007 by veteran Industrial Designer Jeff Sasaki, Element Case Inc. (www.elementcase.com)
has become the market leader in premium iPhone and iPad accessories. Sasaki's California team continues to surpass the expectations of even the most discerning Apple fans by continually offering breakthrough designs which incorporate precision machining, top quality craftsmanship and the highest grade materials. Element Case products are available online at the company's website and through retailers and distributors. Made in USA, Element Case products are very exclusive but can found in more than 20 countries.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app