Talkcast 10pm ET: Mac Computer Expo preview, Maps & more
Sunday night means properly-officiated football and premium television viewing. Of course, it also means that it's Talkcast time again. Tonight, it's our opportunity to look ahead to the Mac Computer Expo next week in Petaluma, CA. The one-day event is sure to be fun-filled, not to mention that it'll feature in-person appearances by both Talkcast hosts (myself and Kelly Guimont). We'll catch up with program producer Lorene Romero to get the latest on preparations for the show.
We'll also parse Tim Cook's Maps apology, get more hands-on reports from iPhone 5 users in the field, and catch up on the key back-to-school apps and gadgets for this fall. It's going to be a blast -- and better if you join us.
To participate, you can use the browser-only Talkshoe client, the embedded Facebook app, or download the classic TalkShoe Pro Java client; or just call in. For the web UI, just click the Talkshoe Web button on our profile page at 4 HI/7 PDT/10 pm EDT Sunday. To call in on regular phone or VoIP lines (Viva free weekend minutes!): dial (724) 444-7444 and enter our talkcast ID, 45077 -- during the call, you can request to talk by keying in *8.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs