Lockitron plans to help you unlock your door with your phone
With the US$149 Lockitron, a box fits over your existing deadbolt and allows you to manage your door locks from anywhere via SMS or the Internet. It will allow you to share access with family and friends, which can keep you from running to the closest hardware store to get multiple keys made. If you have an iPhone 4S or iPhone 5, you also can use Bluetooth 4 to have your door automatically unlock as you approach it. With knock sensors, notifications and more, it's a pretty nifty gadget.
You can reserve a Lockitron now, and it's expected to ship in March. To see it in action, check out the video below.
[via Cult of Mac]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features