Lockitron plans to help you unlock your door with your phone
With the US$149 Lockitron, a box fits over your existing deadbolt and allows you to manage your door locks from anywhere via SMS or the Internet. It will allow you to share access with family and friends, which can keep you from running to the closest hardware store to get multiple keys made. If you have an iPhone 4S or iPhone 5, you also can use Bluetooth 4 to have your door automatically unlock as you approach it. With knock sensors, notifications and more, it's a pretty nifty gadget.
You can reserve a Lockitron now, and it's expected to ship in March. To see it in action, check out the video below.
[via Cult of Mac]
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter