Lockitron plans to help you unlock your door with your phone
With the US$149 Lockitron, a box fits over your existing deadbolt and allows you to manage your door locks from anywhere via SMS or the Internet. It will allow you to share access with family and friends, which can keep you from running to the closest hardware store to get multiple keys made. If you have an iPhone 4S or iPhone 5, you also can use Bluetooth 4 to have your door automatically unlock as you approach it. With knock sensors, notifications and more, it's a pretty nifty gadget.
You can reserve a Lockitron now, and it's expected to ship in March. To see it in action, check out the video below.
[via Cult of Mac]
Keyless entry using your iPhone isn't a new thing, but Lockitron has introduced a system that allows keyless entry for your home with...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free