New Logitech Mac-compatible wireless webcam appears online
While it's not listed anywhere on the Logitech website yet, the sharp-eyed folks at Electronista noticed a new "Wireless Webcam for Mac" listed by camera and tech retailer B&H Photo. There's not a lot of detail about the device, other than the fact that it's priced at US$179.99 and looks pretty cool.
Unlike existing Logitech webcams like the C910 I use every week for TUAW TV Live, this device is designed to work wirelessly, most likely over WiFi. Since most other webcams in this price range now provide 1080p HD video, it would be safe to assume that the new device would as well.
The images seen here show a rather stark user interface consisting of a cloud image on a circular screen (perhaps a rotating dial?), a WiFi signal strength indicator, and a battery indicator. One side view appears to show a "lamp" button, presumably used to light up what appears to be a lamp next to the lens on the front of the webcam.
While the details are skimpy, the images are compelling and the "Logitech Wireless Webcam for Mac" could be just the thing for Mac owners who want a webcam that's more versatile than their built-in FaceTime HD camera.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs