Play with a classic iPod in your browser
Here's a nice tribute to the late Steve Jobs: A working iPod interface using HTML.
While the iPod was the consumer electronic device that helped Apple go beyond the Mac, it's important to remember the iPod gave rise to the iPhone before the iPad.
The story goes that Steve Jobs realized smartphones would eventually be able to conveniently play music on them, and that a competitor would eat the iPod's lunch. So he decided to launch the iPhone, which was an internet communications device, a phone and an iPod. The rest is business history, as the iPhone has become a huge revenue stream for the company.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter