Play with a classic iPod in your browser
Here's a nice tribute to the late Steve Jobs: A working iPod interface using HTML.
While the iPod was the consumer electronic device that helped Apple go beyond the Mac, it's important to remember the iPod gave rise to the iPhone before the iPad.
The story goes that Steve Jobs realized smartphones would eventually be able to conveniently play music on them, and that a competitor would eat the iPod's lunch. So he decided to launch the iPhone, which was an internet communications device, a phone and an iPod. The rest is business history, as the iPhone has become a huge revenue stream for the company.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs