RHA MA450i noise isolating earphones a great alternative to new EarPods
To be sure, I'm not an audiophile, but I am discerning enough to know what headphones sound better than the ones I'm used to. I'm not a big fan of the new EarPods Apple released last month. While they are an improvement over the old earbuds, I've recently found a pair of earphones I like a lot better: RHA's MA450i noise isolating earphones.
I've been trying out the RHA MA450i earphones for a few weeks now and I'm happy to say they're the first earphones I've found that sound good, stay in my ears and are reasonably priced. The earphones are machined from aircraft-grade aluminum and come in black or white. Each pair also comes with a set of seven silicon ear-tips so you can choose the size that is right for your ear. And as is a must for any earphones used with the iPhone, the RHA MA450i has an in-line remote and mic so you can operate your iPhone without taking it our of your pocket. But what I really like about these earphones is that they have a fabric-braided cable -- meaning it's not cheap plastic -- so it doesn't get all tangled and it lasts a lot longer than normal earphone cables.
RHA is relatively new to the audio scene. It's a Glasgow, UK, company that was founded in 2008, but spent three years in research and development before launching its first products. Based on my usage, I think we'll see plenty of great audio products from RHA in the future. The RHA MA450i earphones are available in Apple stores and online at RHA's website for US$49.95.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update
- Today in the App Store -- the best free apps, new apps and app updates