EarPods ship without mic with new iPod touch
If you're one of the many people who has picked up a new fifth-generation iPod touch recently, you probably noticed one little change to the EarPods that came with it -- they don't have the same inline remote with microphone that comes with the iPhone 5.
The new iPod touch also has an A5 processor instead of the A6 found in the iPhone 5, and the specs of the camera aren't as good (a 5-megapixel sensor in contrast to the 8-megapixel camera in the iPhone 5), but then again, the device isn't an iPhone 5 -- it's an iPod touch.
iPod touch owners planning on using their new device for FaceTime or Skype don't need to worry, though; the touch does have a built-in microphone that does the job. On the other hand, it's a little odd that users can't control the touch without tapping on the screen instead of using one hand on the remote.
Are any TUAW readers who have received their new iPod touch finding the lack of the mic with inline remote to be a major disappointment? Let us know in the comments.
The EarPods for the iPod touch 5G are missing an inline remote and mic
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free