iCade's 8-bitty controller now out
That "8-bitty" wireless controller announced by ThinkGeek a while ago is now available in the company's online store. For US$29.99, you can grab hold of an NES-style retro controller, with not two but four buttons designed to work with iOS games across the iCade protocol. This is not an Ion Audio product like the rest of the iCade line so far -- this is specifically a ThinkGeek product only. But it does work with the iCade standard, which plenty of developers have taken advantage of (and which is pretty easy to implement, if you happen to be a game developer who wants to let your customers use it).
Yes, the controller may not look all that ergonomical, and it's probably not. But if, like me, your hands used that old boxy NES controller for hours and hours as a child, this new version will probably make you feel right at home.
[via Touch Arcade]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs