iControlPad 2 reaches Kickstarter goal, shipping later this year
I'll be honest: I thought that US$150,000 as a Kickstarter goal for the iControlPad 2 wireless controller was too high, but it turns out I was completely wrong. Not only was the project funded, but backers have pledged $190k and still counting with a few more hours to go.
The impressive response emphasizes the demand for a physical, button-based controller for the iPhone and the iPad, not to mention all of the other platforms iControlPad hopes to work with, including the upcoming OUYA console, PCs and Macs, and any other Bluetooth-enabled device.
If you want to back the project, there's still time (as of this writing). If the developers follow the same pattern as the first iControlPad, there should be more units to sell later on as well. The devs say they hope to ship by Christmas, and presumably app developers can start supporting the iControlPad 2 as soon as they arrive. Congrats to the team on a successful Kickstarter project. Here's hoping we see the final product soon.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client