Logitech announces Broadcaster Wi-Fi webcam for iPhone, iPad and Mac
Remember that mysterious Mac-compatible wireless webcam from Logitech a couple of weeks ago? Well, the details are out and the webcam now has a name and price tag. The US$199.99 Logitech Broadcaster Wi-Fi webcam has been announced and will be available in the US and Europe in the next few weeks.
While the Broadcaster doesn't boast 1080p resolution, it has some features that should make any potential or existing Mac podcaster quiver with delight (are you reading this, Kelly Guimont?). First, the camera can be placed up to 50 feet away from your Mac, iPhone or iPad and controlled by most of your favorite software including FaceTime, iMovie and Final Cut Pro.
Next, you can be seen in all of your multi-camera glory with the tap of a single button, cutting instantly between your Mac's internal webcam and the Broadcaster. The device is also set up for instant streaming to Ustream, the site used to stream TUAW TV Live. There's a cool plastic hard case that also doubles as a magnetic monopod for the camera.
To whet your appetite for the Logitech Broadcaster, the company has released a promotional video that is embedded below for your viewing pleasure.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free