Logitech announces Broadcaster Wi-Fi webcam for iPhone, iPad and Mac
Remember that mysterious Mac-compatible wireless webcam from Logitech a couple of weeks ago? Well, the details are out and the webcam now has a name and price tag. The US$199.99 Logitech Broadcaster Wi-Fi webcam has been announced and will be available in the US and Europe in the next few weeks.
While the Broadcaster doesn't boast 1080p resolution, it has some features that should make any potential or existing Mac podcaster quiver with delight (are you reading this, Kelly Guimont?). First, the camera can be placed up to 50 feet away from your Mac, iPhone or iPad and controlled by most of your favorite software including FaceTime, iMovie and Final Cut Pro.
Next, you can be seen in all of your multi-camera glory with the tap of a single button, cutting instantly between your Mac's internal webcam and the Broadcaster. The device is also set up for instant streaming to Ustream, the site used to stream TUAW TV Live. There's a cool plastic hard case that also doubles as a magnetic monopod for the camera.
To whet your appetite for the Logitech Broadcaster, the company has released a promotional video that is embedded below for your viewing pleasure.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update
- Today in the App Store -- the best free apps, new apps and app updates