Toca Tea Party offers iPad toddler play
Toca Tea Party (US$1.99) offers an interactive party suitable for the very youngest iPad users. With bright colors and highly defined interaction opportunities, it works best for limited play, where users can "pour" tea, "eat" cake and listen to jazzy music.
This is not an app that will engage children who have reached kindergarten in the way that, for example, Cupcakeroo does. Its interaction is too simple: pour tea, serve cake, eat it. Preschoolers, however, should love it.
The design is charming and quite a lot of attention went into the details. Mopping up spilled tea, for example, is sure to be a hit. This is the board book equivalent for iOS apps -- so go in with that kind of expectation and you'll be pleased with what you find.
Toca Tea Party (US$1.99) offers an interactive party suitable for the very youngest iPad users. With bright colors and highly defined...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs