Phil Schiller on the state of the Mac
After Apple unveiled its refreshed lineup of Mac computers on Tuesday, Senior Vice President of Worldwide Marketing Phil Schiller talked to Harry McCracken about the Mac and how it has evolved over the years. "This is what Apple has always been about, and the Mac has been about, from the first Mac and first iMac," Schiller said. "It's always been about making the best Mac we know how."
Schiller added that the "approach at Apple has always been to make products we're proud to own and use ourselves." He reiterated to McCracken the same line we have heard from CEO Tim Cook -- that Apple "wouldn't make something cheap or low quality." Schiller pointed out that "when the economy is difficult, people care a great deal about the things they spend their money on" and added that "customers have come to understand that Apple's products aren't priced high -- they're priced on the value of what we build into them."
You can read the full interview in McCraken's Technologizer column on Time.com.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration