Phil Schiller on the state of the Mac
After Apple unveiled its refreshed lineup of Mac computers on Tuesday, Senior Vice President of Worldwide Marketing Phil Schiller talked to Harry McCracken about the Mac and how it has evolved over the years. "This is what Apple has always been about, and the Mac has been about, from the first Mac and first iMac," Schiller said. "It's always been about making the best Mac we know how."
Schiller added that the "approach at Apple has always been to make products we're proud to own and use ourselves." He reiterated to McCracken the same line we have heard from CEO Tim Cook -- that Apple "wouldn't make something cheap or low quality." Schiller pointed out that "when the economy is difficult, people care a great deal about the things they spend their money on" and added that "customers have come to understand that Apple's products aren't priced high -- they're priced on the value of what we build into them."
You can read the full interview in McCraken's Technologizer column on Time.com.
After Apple unveiled its refreshed lineup of Mac computers on Tuesday, Senior Vice President of Worldwide Marketing Phil Schiller...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time