Telestream reveals ScreenFlow 4 update
Telestream's flagship screen-recording app, ScreenFlow, has been updated today. ScreenFlow 4 (US$99, $29 paid upgrade to owners of previous versions) adds a ton of new and improved features to the app, which is used for recording and editing screencasts and presentations.
ScreenFlow 4 now runs as a fully 64-bit app in OS X 10.7 and 10.8, which Telestream reports "improves overall performance, memory usage, export speed, and scalability." The app can also record up to 2,880 x 1,800 resolution Retina displays while still producing relatively small file sizes.
There are new organization tools to handle clips, support for close-captioning has been added and chroma key ("green screen") lets users add virtual studios or locations behind clips of narrators. Core Image filters and effects are supported, bringing a whole new palette of audio and video tools to the app.
Existing ScreenFlow customers who purchased earlier versions of the app directly from Telestream can easily upgrade by going to ScreenFlow > Check for Updates, and then clicking the Install Update button. Once ScreenFlow 4 is installed, the upgrade license can be purchased by selecting Purchase > Purchase ScreenFlow Online. If you purchased ScreenFlow through the Mac App Store, check this page for details on how to upgrade.
A video highlight of the new chroma key and effect tools in ScreenFlow 4 is available below.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature