Next Apple vs. Motorola court battle scheduled for October 2013
According to a report in FOSS Patents, Apple and Motorola are scheduled to meet again in a Southern California court in late 2013. The court released a timeline that includes a May 21, 2013 discovery deadline and a pretrial motion deadline of June 28, 2013. Moderated settlement talks are slated for July 15, 2013, and the case will have its final pretrial conference on October 18, 2013. The trial should begin shortly after this last pretrial meeting.
FOSS Patents calls the case an "antisuit lawsuit" that aims to prevent Motorola from pursuing further litigation against Apple products that include a Qualcomm baseband chip. You can read more about the background details of the case in this post from Florian Mueller.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter