Next Apple vs. Motorola court battle scheduled for October 2013
According to a report in FOSS Patents, Apple and Motorola are scheduled to meet again in a Southern California court in late 2013. The court released a timeline that includes a May 21, 2013 discovery deadline and a pretrial motion deadline of June 28, 2013. Moderated settlement talks are slated for July 15, 2013, and the case will have its final pretrial conference on October 18, 2013. The trial should begin shortly after this last pretrial meeting.
FOSS Patents calls the case an "antisuit lawsuit" that aims to prevent Motorola from pursuing further litigation against Apple products that include a Qualcomm baseband chip. You can read more about the background details of the case in this post from Florian Mueller.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync