Tour Italy via your iPhone or iPad
The app features a large collection of high-resolution images optimized for the Retina display and iPhone 5. A Trip Builder allows you to create personalized tours, and has interactive maps. It's great for planning a real trip or just doing the touring on your touch screen.
There are tours of the Sistine Chapel and the Italian Alps, and some spectacular views of the cliffs of Capri. All the images can be saved for use as wallpaper.
The app supports nine languages, and allows you to save your tours or forward them to friends or family via email, Facebook or Twitter.
Along with the images, there is text giving background on the things you are looking at, and while there is not a lot of depth, you can certainly learn something about Italy.
A couple of minor quibbles. I'd like to see links to Wikipedia for more information, and the app doesn't contain any help. When you select help, you get a catalog of other Fotopedia apps. Video would also be nice, but it's not a feature of this app.
The app is an 8.2 MB download, and most of the content comes via the Internet. At times the app reacted slowly, even on a WiFi connection, but streaming the content seems a good idea because otherwise the app would be pretty large.
There are some sample screen shots in the gallery below.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)