Apple confirms first Brazilian store opening; also hiring in Istanbul
Apple's ambitious plans to open more retail stores around the world are in full gear. The company emailed a few Brazilian tech news sites with confirmation that the company will be opening a store in Rio de Janeiro soon, the first Apple Store in Brazil.
Rio will also be hosting crowds in the next few years both for the 2014 FIFA World Cup and 2016 Olympic games, making an Apple Store a popular draw for visitors from around the world. Brazil isn't the only new country that's joining the Apple fold -- Istanbul, Turkey will soon be home to an Apple Store as well.
Apple's financial disclosures indicated that the company plans to open up to 35 new stores during the next 12 months, with 75 percent of the new construction occurring outside of the United States.
Apple's ambitious plans to open more retail stores around the world are in full gear. The company emailed a few Brazilian tech news...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client