Apple confirms first Brazilian store opening; also hiring in Istanbul
Apple's ambitious plans to open more retail stores around the world are in full gear. The company emailed a few Brazilian tech news sites with confirmation that the company will be opening a store in Rio de Janeiro soon, the first Apple Store in Brazil.
Rio will also be hosting crowds in the next few years both for the 2014 FIFA World Cup and 2016 Olympic games, making an Apple Store a popular draw for visitors from around the world. Brazil isn't the only new country that's joining the Apple fold -- Istanbul, Turkey will soon be home to an Apple Store as well.
Apple's financial disclosures indicated that the company plans to open up to 35 new stores during the next 12 months, with 75 percent of the new construction occurring outside of the United States.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV