Apple to pay $2.5 billion dividend to shareholders today
Later today, Apple will pay a dividend to its shareholders for the second time in 17 years. You'll remember Apple announced its intention to pay a dividend "sometime in the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2012" last March.
The company stated it will pay its shareholders a US$2.65 per share dividend. Apple is expected to distribute just about $2.5 billion from its 935 million outstanding shares. That's enough to swim through a room full of gold coins.
Meanwhile, Apple continues to earn cash at an alarming rate. Congratulations to Apple and its shareholders.
Later today, Apple will pay a dividend to its shareholders for the second time in 17 years. You'll remember Apple announced its intention...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update