Apple to pay $2.5 billion dividend to shareholders today
Later today, Apple will pay a dividend to its shareholders for the second time in 17 years. You'll remember Apple announced its intention to pay a dividend "sometime in the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2012" last March.
The company stated it will pay its shareholders a US$2.65 per share dividend. Apple is expected to distribute just about $2.5 billion from its 935 million outstanding shares. That's enough to swim through a room full of gold coins.
Meanwhile, Apple continues to earn cash at an alarming rate. Congratulations to Apple and its shareholders.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app