Apple to pay $2.5 billion dividend to shareholders today
Later today, Apple will pay a dividend to its shareholders for the second time in 17 years. You'll remember Apple announced its intention to pay a dividend "sometime in the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2012" last March.
The company stated it will pay its shareholders a US$2.65 per share dividend. Apple is expected to distribute just about $2.5 billion from its 935 million outstanding shares. That's enough to swim through a room full of gold coins.
Meanwhile, Apple continues to earn cash at an alarming rate. Congratulations to Apple and its shareholders.
Later today, Apple will pay a dividend to its shareholders for the second time in 17 years. You'll remember Apple announced its intention...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free