Apple to pay $2.5 billion dividend to shareholders today
Later today, Apple will pay a dividend to its shareholders for the second time in 17 years. You'll remember Apple announced its intention to pay a dividend "sometime in the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2012" last March.
The company stated it will pay its shareholders a US$2.65 per share dividend. Apple is expected to distribute just about $2.5 billion from its 935 million outstanding shares. That's enough to swim through a room full of gold coins.
Meanwhile, Apple continues to earn cash at an alarming rate. Congratulations to Apple and its shareholders.
Later today, Apple will pay a dividend to its shareholders for the second time in 17 years. You'll remember Apple announced its intention...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs