Messages beta for OS X Lion users ends December 14
Apple is notifying Lion users that the beta version of the Messages app will expire on December 14th. The app debuted as a free beta download for Lion users and was incorporated into OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion when the latest version of OS X was released earlier this year.
An email sent to Lion owners that was published by Cult of Mac says that customers must upgrade to Mountain Lion if they wish to continue to use the Messages app. The Mountain Lion upgrade costs $20 and is available from the Mac App Store. With Messages, Reminders and Notification Center, OS X Mountain Lion is a worthwhile upgrade for customers whose Macs are compatible.
You can view a copy of Apple's email below.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update