Messages beta for OS X Lion users ends December 14
Apple is notifying Lion users that the beta version of the Messages app will expire on December 14th. The app debuted as a free beta download for Lion users and was incorporated into OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion when the latest version of OS X was released earlier this year.
An email sent to Lion owners that was published by Cult of Mac says that customers must upgrade to Mountain Lion if they wish to continue to use the Messages app. The Mountain Lion upgrade costs $20 and is available from the Mac App Store. With Messages, Reminders and Notification Center, OS X Mountain Lion is a worthwhile upgrade for customers whose Macs are compatible.
You can view a copy of Apple's email below.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs