Just Landed is a neat twist on travel apps
There are lots of travel apps, but Just Landed from Little Details is really different and handy. This app is not for the traveler, but for the person picking someone up at the airport.
Just Landed (US $0.99 for the iPhone) tracks a flight you are going to meet and sends an alert when it is time to go to the airport. It helpfully tells you about any flight delays and any automobile traffic snafus before you leave. The app also connects to Apple Maps and shows you the best routes to the airport.
It's a terrific idea, and something unique for a travel app. The app also lets you text the person you are picking up when they arrive, and if your starting location changes, the app recalculates your arrival time based on those changes.
When you get an alert from Just Landed, it is a rather obnoxious sound of a jet engine. I wish that could be changed to something less jarring, but it does get your attention. The alerts can be turned off, if you prefer.
You can tell from the clean and simple GUI design that a lot of thought went into Just Landed. This is the kind of app I will get a lot of use out of, and it is such an obvious idea I am surprised there aren't lots of competitors.
If you spend a lot of time picking up family and friends at your local airport, then Just Landed is the app for you. It supports US and Canadian airports, with more locations to come. The app requires iOS 5.0 or later, and is optimized for the iPhone 5.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter