Talkcast 10pm ET: Thankful review, Cyber Monday preview
The Thanksgiving holiday has come and gone, and with it the traditional Black Friday kickoff to the holiday shopping season. Savvy online shoppers know to wait, however, for the Cyber Monday rush of discounts and deals (apparently a lot of those shoppers are browsing from their iPads). We'll look ahead to tomorrow's frantic shopping time.
Also tonight, we're welcoming special guests Jeff Gamet of the Mac Observer and Chris Foresman of Ars Technica. With these alpha geeks and the usual gang of ruffians, we'll consider the question: what are we thankful for this year as Apple fans, Mac users and iOS customers?
Of course, we are thankful for all of you -- and we want to know what you're thankful for. To participate live during the show, you can use the browser-only Talkshoe client, the embedded Facebook app, or download the classic TalkShoe Pro Java client; however, for +5 Interactivity, you should call in.
For the web UI, just click the Talkshoe Web button on our profile page at 4 HI/7 PDT/10 pm EDT Sunday. To call in on regular phone or VoIP lines (viva free weekend minutes!): dial (724) 444-7444 and enter our talkcast ID, 45077 -- during the call, you can request to talk by keying in *8.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements