Apple bought "Lightning" trademark from Harley-Davidson
Patently Apple reports that Apple acquired the trademark for "Lightning" from Harley-Davidson. Harley's original holding covered items you'd expect, like motorcycle parts, electrical parts, a protective helmet and turn signal parts. Interestingly, it also covered "computer game programs, eye glasses and eyeglass frames."
As we all know, large companies like Apple and Harley-Davidson often acquire patents and trademarks for ideas of products that will never see production. Still, it can be interesting to dive into the history of different filings.
Patently Apple reports that Apple acquired the trademark for "Lightning" from Harley-Davidson. Harley's original holding covered items...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved