Sticking to the windshield with iStabilizer's Glass
iStabilizer makes some great products that we've reviewed on TUAW before: the Monopod (US$34.95) and Dolly ($59.95) are perfect examples. Now the company has come out with a new take on the suction-cup windshield mount that should work perfectly with any iPhone that the brains in Cupertino come up with in the future.
The Glass ($29.95, on sale for $22.50 for a limited time), takes the company's iStabilizer Mount ($19.95) and mates it with a suction-cup window mount. The iStabilizer Mount is a phone-agnostic mount that expands up to 2.75 inches wide, so you can use it with an iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 or iPhone 5 in just about any case made.
That's right, it doesn't matter if you have your iPhone naked or fully protected in an Otterbox Defender, the Glass makes it simple to hold it steady on your dash or windshield. I've had issues in the past with the suction cup bases dropping off if the windshield gets too hot; Glass has a quick-release/quick-connect lever to make it easy to just pull off the window after parking the car.
We've got one of these little wonders to give away to a lucky TUAW reader. Here are the rules for the giveaway:
- Open to legal US residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 and older.
- To enter, fill out the form below completely and click or tap the Submit button.
- The entry must be made before November 30, 2012 11:59PM Eastern Standard Time.
- You may enter only once.
- One winner will be selected and will receive an iStabilizer Glass valued at $29.95
- Click Here for complete Official Rules.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time