OS X video tutorials available at the Mac App Store
Noteboom Productions has announced Tutor for OS X Mountain Lion, a complete video tutorial is now available on the Mac App store. In Tutor for OS X Mountain Lion, the user watches videos to learn how to use OS X Mountain Lion, Apple's latest operating system. The video tutorial is designed for the new user to Mac and consists of 49 video chapters on various subjects. The tutorial are aimed at both users new to Mac OS X and users new to Mountain Lion.
The tutorial also includes a note-taking feature so you can jot down notes while you are learning, then email or print them out. That's a very nice touch.
Topics include migrating from Windows, Security, Saving and autosaving, using iCloud, Mail, Contacts and Calendars, and much more.
I sampled the tutorials and found them nicely informal and packed with useful information. The whole package, more than four hours of video, is available for US$4.99 through the Mac App Store, and is a 750 MB download. It requires OS X 10.6 or later.
If you're coming from Windows, or just want to make sure you don't miss out on the new features in Mountain Lion, this is a very reasonable introduction. It's a nice companion to some of the pieces our Erica Sadun has been doing on getting the most out of Mountain Lion.
You can get a look at a sample of the tutorial at this link. The company has also done videos for Final Cut Pro X, iMovie 11, Keynote and Bento 4 to name a few.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter