Apple building third campus in Santa Clara
Apple is expanding by leaps and bounds and is outgrowing its current Cupertino campus. To handle the overflow, Apple is beginning construction on a new two-building campus in Santa Clara, California. According to a report in the Mercury News, the new six-story office buildings will be located right outside Cupertino city limits.
Apple is allegedly leasing the space from developer Peery Arrillaga in a deal that requires the demolition of existing buildings and the construction of new ones built to Apple's specifications. Apple supposedly signed a 7- to 10-year lease agreement for the site, which suggests this is a long-term solution and not just a temporary measure to hold employees while Apple finishes its new Cupertino campus. The first Santa Clara building is now under construction and will be completed by mid-2014. The timeline for the other building is not known.
Apple is expanding by leaps and bounds and is outgrowing its current Cupertino campus. To handle the overflow, Apple is beginning...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs