Making third-party Lightning connectors
Apple's new Lightning connector means big business for officially licensed accessory makers, but even for third-party manufacturers without the support of Cupertino, production marches on. As MacRumors reports, one such unauthorized accessory company called iPhone5mod is offering a glimpse inside its new production facility where dozens of hands are busy mimicking the Lightning standard.
The company already offers a host of accessories for the iPhone 5 and iPad mini, using what it claims is now a nearly identical copy of Apple's own Lightning connectors. You can check out a short video tour of iPhone5mod's production line below, or see the full gallery of images on the company's website.
Take a peek inside an unauthorized accessory facility.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs