Griffin Lightning Connector cables available next week
Just in time for the holiday buying season, a lot of new cables and accessories featuring Apple's new Lightning Connector are starting to appear. Griffin announced four new Lightning cables yesterday that will be available next week.
The first is the US$24.99 4' coiled USB to Lightning Cable, usable in the car with existing USB plugs or anywhere you need a mid-length cable that doesn't take up a lot of space. The cable is identical to the one used in the PowerJolt SE Car Charger with Lightning Connector (also $24.99) that was reviewed on TUAW a few weeks ago.
If you need some room to stretch out, Griffin also released a 3-meter (almost 10 feet) USB to Lightning Cable for $29.99. Shorter 2-foot ($16.99) and 3-foot ($18.99) USB to Lightning Cables round out the offerings from Griffin.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter