GOG.com adds more classic games for Mac
If you're of the mind that the craft of making computer games peaked in the mid-'90s, we've got some good news for you. GOG.com (formerly known as Good Old Games) has updated its catalog of classic PC games tweaked to run on the Mac. Twelve titles have been added for December, bringing the site's Mac-compatible lineup to 80.
Newly added are Star Control 1+2, Star Control 3, Broken Sword 2 Remastered, Alone in the Dark 1+2+3, Pirates! Gold Plus and Master of Orion 1+2 (all US$5.99), plus Dragonsphere and Puddle. Dragonsphere is actually a free game that anyone with a GOG.com account can add to their libraries. Puddle ($9.99) isn't a retro game; it's from October, so we guess it should probably be categorized as a good new game?
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options