GOG.com adds more classic games for Mac
If you're of the mind that the craft of making computer games peaked in the mid-'90s, we've got some good news for you. GOG.com (formerly known as Good Old Games) has updated its catalog of classic PC games tweaked to run on the Mac. Twelve titles have been added for December, bringing the site's Mac-compatible lineup to 80.
Newly added are Star Control 1+2, Star Control 3, Broken Sword 2 Remastered, Alone in the Dark 1+2+3, Pirates! Gold Plus and Master of Orion 1+2 (all US$5.99), plus Dragonsphere and Puddle. Dragonsphere is actually a free game that anyone with a GOG.com account can add to their libraries. Puddle ($9.99) isn't a retro game; it's from October, so we guess it should probably be categorized as a good new game?
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99