BBEdit 10.5 adds Retina support (updated)
Bare Bones Software's HTML and text editing program, BBEdit, has just received a sharp new update that adds a wealth of new features and improvements, as well as full Retina display support for Apple's latest MacBooks.
Version 10.5 adds the ability to compare the current document against previous "Versions" for people running OS X 10.7 or later. It is also now easier to update image dimensions in HTML documents, as well as a bunch of other features. One that stands out is a new "Preview Filter" option which lets you run a live preview window of your document through a filter of your choice using any AppleScript, Unix executable, or shell script. For fans of MultiMarkdown this means that you can now create a "Preview Filter" that will let you see your document processed with Multimarkdown extensions, but the possibilities go far beyond that.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs