BBEdit 10.5 adds Retina support (updated)
Bare Bones Software's HTML and text editing program, BBEdit, has just received a sharp new update that adds a wealth of new features and improvements, as well as full Retina display support for Apple's latest MacBooks.
Version 10.5 adds the ability to compare the current document against previous "Versions" for people running OS X 10.7 or later. It is also now easier to update image dimensions in HTML documents, as well as a bunch of other features. One that stands out is a new "Preview Filter" option which lets you run a live preview window of your document through a filter of your choice using any AppleScript, Unix executable, or shell script. For fans of MultiMarkdown this means that you can now create a "Preview Filter" that will let you see your document processed with Multimarkdown extensions, but the possibilities go far beyond that.
The popular HTML program just got a bit sharper, not to mention more powerful.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs