Tim Cook announces plans to manufacture Mac computers in USA
Tim Cook has told NBC News that Apple intends to manufacture Mac computers in the USA. In an exclusive interview that will air on the network's "Rock Center" with Brian Williams, Cook stated that one of the existing Mac lines will be manufactured in the States exclusively, starting next year.
You'll remember that Tim Cook recently met with US President Barack Obama, as did Cook's predecessor, Steve Jobs. The topic of Apple's manufacturing practices was a topic during all of those conversations. While Jobs stated that Apple wouldn't bring hardware manufacturing jobs to the US, Cook obviously sees differently.
"The consumer electronics world was really never here," Cook told NBC. "It's a matter of starting it here."
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration