Tim Cook announces plans to manufacture Mac computers in USA
Tim Cook has told NBC News that Apple intends to manufacture Mac computers in the USA. In an exclusive interview that will air on the network's "Rock Center" with Brian Williams, Cook stated that one of the existing Mac lines will be manufactured in the States exclusively, starting next year.
You'll remember that Tim Cook recently met with US President Barack Obama, as did Cook's predecessor, Steve Jobs. The topic of Apple's manufacturing practices was a topic during all of those conversations. While Jobs stated that Apple wouldn't bring hardware manufacturing jobs to the US, Cook obviously sees differently.
"The consumer electronics world was really never here," Cook told NBC. "It's a matter of starting it here."
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs