Square Enix announces Final Fantasy 4 coming soon to iOS, along with big mobile sale
Square Enix has announced a rare sale on its mobile titles, along with at least one big release coming soon: Final Fantasy 4, ported to iOS. This version is based on the 3D remake that came out in 2008, so it'll feature active-time battles, full-motion videos and a full orchestral theme. Should be a lot of fun and Square says it's coming soon.
Meanwhile, there's a sale on! Through December 14, Square Enix is offering Final Fantasy 1 and Final Fantasy 2 for US$3.99 each. Final Fantasy 3 is down to $8.99 on the iPhone or $9.99 on the iPad (still not exactly cheap, but definitely well discounted). And the retro style Final Fantasy Dimensions is down to $16.99 for all of the series' episodes.
From December 12 to January 7, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light will be on sale for 99 cents, and that's a really amazing deal. Square Enix has found a fair bit of success in selling its titles at premium prices, so these don't go on sale too often. Definitely grab them if you're interested while you can.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options