Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator CS6 get Retina display support
Adobe has announced updates for Photoshop and Illustrator Creative Suite 6 that add much-awaited Retina display support to the popular graphics applications. Owners of the standalone versions and owners of the Creative Cloud versions are elligible for the Retina display updates.
From an Adobe blog post announcing the Illustrator update:
The Illustrator team is happy to announce support for HiDPI and Retina display support for Illustrator CS6 customers. This update is available to all Illustrator CS6 customers, both Creative Cloud members as well as owners of perpetual products.
With this update, customers can see more detail in images, text, and in the Illustrator user interface when working on high-resolution displays, including the new Retina display available on MacBook Pro. The HiDPI feature in Illustrator is currently only available on Mac OS. It is expected to be available in the future on additional operating systems.
Adobe also says that those wishing to see what further updates are coming to Adobe Creative Cloud can watch the Create Now Live event online that begins today, Tuesday, December 11, at 10 AM PT.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature