Apple offers free Lightning to Micro USB adapter in China
M.I.C. Gadget reports that iPhone 5 buyers in China will get a little something extra with each new smartphone: A Lightning to Micro USB adapter. The adapter allows users to utilize their existing micro-USB cords to both charge and sync the new iPhone, and helps cut down on the added expense of picking up Lightning cables from Apple or third-party accessory makers.
The adapter is the same one the company introduced in Europe to comply with EU's standardized charging requirements. iPhone 5 customers in the U.S. can also pick up the accessory in Apple's online store for $19. We'd of course love to see the adapter be made a worldwide freebie, but chances of that are rather slim.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features