Apple offers free Lightning to Micro USB adapter in China
M.I.C. Gadget reports that iPhone 5 buyers in China will get a little something extra with each new smartphone: A Lightning to Micro USB adapter. The adapter allows users to utilize their existing micro-USB cords to both charge and sync the new iPhone, and helps cut down on the added expense of picking up Lightning cables from Apple or third-party accessory makers.
The adapter is the same one the company introduced in Europe to comply with EU's standardized charging requirements. iPhone 5 customers in the U.S. can also pick up the accessory in Apple's online store for $19. We'd of course love to see the adapter be made a worldwide freebie, but chances of that are rather slim.
Apple customers in China get an added freebie with their new smartphones.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free