Apple offers free Lightning to Micro USB adapter in China
M.I.C. Gadget reports that iPhone 5 buyers in China will get a little something extra with each new smartphone: A Lightning to Micro USB adapter. The adapter allows users to utilize their existing micro-USB cords to both charge and sync the new iPhone, and helps cut down on the added expense of picking up Lightning cables from Apple or third-party accessory makers.
The adapter is the same one the company introduced in Europe to comply with EU's standardized charging requirements. iPhone 5 customers in the U.S. can also pick up the accessory in Apple's online store for $19. We'd of course love to see the adapter be made a worldwide freebie, but chances of that are rather slim.
Apple customers in China get an added freebie with their new smartphones.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs