Matrox DS1 Thunderbolt docking station now shipping
Just in time for the holidays, Matrox is shipping the US$249 DS1 Thunderbolt docking station to happy Mac users. Unfortunately, you might not be able to get one to put under the Christmas tree, since most large online retailers (Amazon, MacMall, CDW, B&H Photo) are not showing availability. OWC currently shows a 4-day shipping wait time.
First announced in June 2012, the DS1 made it just under the wire with a "fall 2012" ship date. The device is designed to create a single cable connection to a host of peripherals, perfect for owners of new MacBooks who want to have the convenience of a desktop Mac with the portability inherent in their laptops.
The dock has either an HDMI or DVI port for connecting to a larger monitor, a gigabit Ethernet port, a USB 3.0 port and two USB 2.0 ports. There are also separate input and output connections for microphones and speakers or headsets, and the DS1 can be used as the last device in a chain of Thunderbolt devices.
Keep an eye on TUAW, as we're attempting to get one of these for a detailed review. In the meantime, enjoy the video.
[via Apple Insider]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features