DabKick has a unique twist on photo sharing- real time
DabKick is a free app that allows you to create and share a slide show from your iPhone in realtime with someone else, no matter where they are as long as they have Internet access.
First, gather some pictures from your camera roll on the app, then text or email a friend or family member. They get a URL, and when they launch it, they'll see the pictures. As you browse through them, the other person will see that action on their end. The app supports chatting and emoticons.
This is a different approach to sending a URL and hoping the person sees it. What makes it even better is that the other person does not need the app to view your photos. This is a great way to share family photos or a Christmas party with people who aren't there. I can think of lots of ways to use it.
I tried it out this morning with a friend, and it worked just fine. He was viewing on another iPhone. I noticed that he could control the scrolling, and I would see it on my screen. That way, he could view the photos at his own pace.
This app is just for the iPhone and iPod touch. It really needs an iPad version.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app