DabKick has a unique twist on photo sharing- real time
DabKick is a free app that allows you to create and share a slide show from your iPhone in realtime with someone else, no matter where they are as long as they have Internet access.
First, gather some pictures from your camera roll on the app, then text or email a friend or family member. They get a URL, and when they launch it, they'll see the pictures. As you browse through them, the other person will see that action on their end. The app supports chatting and emoticons.
This is a different approach to sending a URL and hoping the person sees it. What makes it even better is that the other person does not need the app to view your photos. This is a great way to share family photos or a Christmas party with people who aren't there. I can think of lots of ways to use it.
I tried it out this morning with a friend, and it worked just fine. He was viewing on another iPhone. I noticed that he could control the scrolling, and I would see it on my screen. That way, he could view the photos at his own pace.
This app is just for the iPhone and iPod touch. It really needs an iPad version.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter