Daily iPhone App: Sleepwalker's Journey
Sleepwalker's Journey is a game that arrived a few months ago from 11 Bit Studios, the creators of the popular Anomaly: Warzone Earth (that's set for a sequel very soon). But while that game is a reverse tower defense title with military stylings and lots of gunfire and explosions, Sleepwalker's Journey is very different. It's a physics puzzle game, of sorts, with a cute, sleepy character and some gorgeous storybook picture graphics.
The idea is that the sleepwalker is traveling along a 2D stage, and it's your job to lift up platforms and pull down switches as it goes, allowing him to grab stars and moons to be collected for points. The game is actually very similar to Anomaly, in that you don't have any direct control over the players, but instead you put various things in or out of their path to guide them.
Sleepwalker's Journey is fun, but the aesthetic is the real draw here -- the graphics and the music are really top-notch. I think the upcoming Anomaly Korea will be very impressive as well, but if you want a taste of 11 Bit's work before that one arrives, Sleepwalker's Journey is available right now for US$0.99.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements