Holiday game sales continue: Kingdom Rush, 2K Games, The Walking Dead, and more
We're rolling right up to Christmas next week, which means 'tis the season for big discounts and freebies on App Store titles, as publishers try to climb up in the charts going into the big gift-giving event.
- Kingdom Rush (which some say is the best tower defense game on the App Store) is now free, and the team would also like you to know that it's entered the game in the Steam Greenlight program, if you'd like to support it over there.
- 2K Games is having a great big sale, featuring Borderlands Legends for just US$0.99, Civ Rev and Sid Meier's Pirates for 99 cents as well (which is pretty amazing), along with a few other titles at the same price.
- Telltale's The Walking Dead Game is winning acclaim all over the gamingsphere, with plenty of Game of the Year nods already, and the company has decided to give the first episode of the title away for completely free on the App Store. Download this one right now if you haven't played it yet -- if you're a fan of zombies or just really well-made mature games, you won't regret it.
- Telltale has also got quite a few other games on sale, including Puzzle Agent, the Monkey Island series and almost all of its other episode titles, all for just 99 cents.
- Cut the Rope HD is just a buck right now.
- Almost all of Gameloft's games are on sale as well, for just 99 cents. The Settlers HD and Nova 3 are probably the biggest standouts, but there are a lot of options there.
- Rodeo Games' Hunters: Episode 1 is also on sale, as is Hunters 2.
Whew! And we've only just started this week. Stay tuned for lots more gigantic sales as the week goes on.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options