Omni Group teases OmniFocus 2, OmniPresence and more for 2013
Those planning to make a New Year's resolution to (yet again!) get more organized should be glad to hear that Omni Group is planning a major update to its popular Mac-based task management software, OmniFocus, in 2013. The developer intends to take the wraps off OmniFocus 2 for Mac at an event on January 31 during Macworld in San Francisco.
Omni's Ken Case took to the company's blog today to offer up some advance details on the app, the design of which will be informed by the iPad version of OmniFocus, including Forecast and Review modes. Case also revealed that OmniOutliner for Mac, the firm's organization tool, will finally see a fourth version released in 2013 (version 3.0 was introduced way back in 2005). Omni is working on a way for those who've purchased OmniFocus and its other products from the Mac App Store to register them and receive discounted upgrades from their site.
Finally, Case announced OmniPresence, the company's new automatic document sync offering that will work with all of its products and which it will make available for integration into apps from others. What's more, it will allow users to utilize multiple cloud services -- including its own -- to sync different types of documents, or even host their own private cloud servers.
OmniFocus 2, OmniOutliner 4 and OmniPresence are all due in Q1 2013. We'll have more details on them this time next month.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature