Daily iPhone App: Bezel Photo adds some shapely fun to your photos
Bezel Photo lets you snazzy up your pictures with shaped frames and photo filters. The app allows you to take a photo with your camera or pull one in from your photo library. Once you've got the perfect shot, you can highlight a section of the image by adding a circle, square, triangle, diamond or heart-shaped frame to your composition. Filters, contrast/brightness sliders and optional color borders (US$0.99 in-app purchase) let you add some flair to your framed photos. When you are done tweaking your shot, you can export the photo to your camera roll or share it on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
Bezel Photo is lightweight and easy to use once you get used to the icon-driven, gesture-based UI. The first time through you'll have to take a few minutes to tap on all the icons and figure out what they do. The second time you fire up Bezel Photo you will be able to breeze through the app like a champ.
The only drawback I found while using Bezel Photo was the filters. Once I applied a filter, I could change it, but I could not figure out how to remove it. I could step back to the beginning to remove the filter, but then I lost my photo and had to start over again. Besides this small hiccup, Bezel Photo worked exceptionally well at adding a shaped frame to your pics, and I will keep it in my arsenal of photo apps for this purpose.
You can download Bezel Photo for free from the iOS App Store.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time