Unreleased Apple products revealed in Hartmut Esslinger's upcoming book
Hartmut Esslinger founded Frog Design, the firm responsible for some of Apple's most iconic products of the 1980s, including the Apple IIGS and the Macintosh II. Now the legendary designer behind the "Snow White" design language is providing a rare glimpse at some of his work that never saw the light of day in a new book called Design Forward, due out on January 16, 2013.
Esslinger provided designboom with photos of several product prototypes, including an all-in-one, dual-screen Mac workstation and a touchscreen-based Macphone -- a stylus-based Mac fused with a corded telephone. There are also several different takes on the classic Macintosh design and a better look at the Tablet Mac prototype circa 1982.
There are some really exceptional sights to behold in the images released by Esslinger, and if this is only a taste of what will be included in his book, we can't wait to give it a read. We're partial to the grey and purple Mac designs above ourselves; what did you like?
[Via The Verge]
Hartmut Esslinger founded Frog Design, the firm responsible for some of Apple's most iconic products of the 1980s, including the Apple...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved