Unreleased Apple products revealed in Hartmut Esslinger's upcoming book
Hartmut Esslinger founded Frog Design, the firm responsible for some of Apple's most iconic products of the 1980s, including the Apple IIGS and the Macintosh II. Now the legendary designer behind the "Snow White" design language is providing a rare glimpse at some of his work that never saw the light of day in a new book called Design Forward, due out on January 16, 2013.
Esslinger provided designboom with photos of several product prototypes, including an all-in-one, dual-screen Mac workstation and a touchscreen-based Macphone -- a stylus-based Mac fused with a corded telephone. There are also several different takes on the classic Macintosh design and a better look at the Tablet Mac prototype circa 1982.
There are some really exceptional sights to behold in the images released by Esslinger, and if this is only a taste of what will be included in his book, we can't wait to give it a read. We're partial to the grey and purple Mac designs above ourselves; what did you like?
[Via The Verge]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration