Apple drops refurbished Mac mini prices by $50
Customers looking for an inexpensive Mac should head to Apple's online store that sells refurbished hardware. The company recently slashed $50 off the price of its refurbished Mac Mini models, offering a base model with a 2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor, 2 GB of RAM and a 500 GB hard drive for US$469. This model was originally released in July 2011 and is eligible for a Lion upgrade.
Apple is also selling a newer October 2012 model with a 2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor, 4 GB memory and 500 GB hard drive for $509. Customers who want a server model can grab a $759 machine with a 2.0GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor, 4 GB of RAM, and dual 500GB hard drives . All refurbished products are tested by Apple and include a one-year warranty.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter