iPad mini at home in VW Jetta
What is better than an iPad mini on your desk? An iPad mini installed your car, of course. This wonderful car modification was shown by custom car company Soundwaves of Tampa, which has done at least one other iPad mini dashboard install that we covered last year.
This time around Soundwaves of Tampa published an excellent video detailing how they installed the iPad mini in a 2010 Volkswagen Jetta. This system uses a magnetic clip to attach the mini to the dashboard and some wiring to hook it into the car's entertainment system. It's a sweet setup that makes me wish I had a modern car instead of my old clunker.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter