'Tanks' custom iPhone chargers are absolutely unique, quite expensive
If you didn't get what you wanted for Christmas and you pretty much have it all anyway, you might want to point yourself in the direction of Four Corner Store to check out the US$395 Custom iPhone Tank Charger.
No, this isn't just a plug -- it's a work of art. The Tank was designed by tech toy designer PHU, and the design resembles a robotic tank cradling your iPhone in cyberpunk class. There are two stock designs -- DATA Yellow/Black for the iPhone 4/4S and M.A.C. Red/Grey for the iPhone 5.
If that's not unique enough for you, contact Four Corner Store and you can have one designed to your specifications. The company is also offering to build similar Tank docks for the iPad, once again as a custom commission.
A detailed shot of the back of one of the DATA units shows how the USB cable hides out of sight in the charger when not in use.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Plex updated for iOS 7
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support