Viiiiva heart rate monitor works with iOS and sport watches
When it comes to exercise, there are plenty of iOS apps that can do everything from tracking your running or biking speed to estimating calories burned, but when it comes to ensuring your workouts are worth it, no metric is more important than your heart rate. With that in mind, fitness tech company 4iiii Innovations is introducing the Viiiiva heart rate sensor, complete with iPhone compatibility. Engadget reports that the new device will hit 4iiii's online store and other retailers soon, with a price of US$79.
Like other heart rate sensors, the Viiiiva is worn around the chest. The device works hand in hand with many popular iPhone apps, including MapMyFitness, Runtastic, Strava and Runkeeper, among others. The monitor is also compatible with many popular sport watches. 4iiii's press release announcement also notes an interesting feature it calls "Tip Tap," which can wake the iPhone's display by tapping on the Viiiiva itself.
Feel the burn from your iPhone.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved