Blue Mics' Nessie adaptive USB microphone perfect for desktop recording
Most of us here at TUAW are in love with the products designed and sold by Blue Microphones. The company makes some amazing gear for recording podcasts and the like, and now there's a new member to the Blue Mic family -- Nessie (US$99, expected to ship in the first half of 2013). Nessie works with both Macs and PCs, and can be adapted to iPads for portable recording with the addition of an Apple Camera Connection Kit (not included).
Besides the cool design, which mimics those images of the legendary Loch Ness Monster swimming with its head above water, Nessie is designed to make all of your recordings sound a lot better than what you'd hear from a standard USB microphone.
The adaptive capabilities provide onboard equalization and boosting, creating a full and rich sound for voiceovers and podcasts. There's a built-in pop filter to eliminate those nasty plosives, and a shockmount to eliminate rumbling if you happen to touch your desktop during recording.
To hear just how good Nessie can make you sound, the company supplied sample recordings of a voiceover and a guitar demo. Check 'em out, and then keep your eyes open for this newest addition to the Blue Mic family.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options